'It was a smashing day': Paul O'Grady, 62, CONFIRMS marriage to ballet dancer partner Andre Portasio, 37... as he laments absence of late best pal Cilla Black

Mail Online | 9/13/2017 | Ciara Farmer For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/13/23/444023E600000578-0-image-a-72_1505343085274.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2014/03/1418450360_3367913014001_dogs.mp4

Paul O'Grady has confirmed his secret marriage to partner Andre Portasio, yet lamented his late pal Cilla Black being absent.

It was claimed last month that the 62-year-old TV legend tied the knot with the ballet dancer, 37, and he has now confirmed the joyous news, in what was 'a smashing day' yet he admitted Cilla was sorely missed, following her death in 2015.

Mirror - Friend - Moon - Day - Life

He told the Mirror that his best friend would have been 'over the moon', but rejoiced in the day as he insisted married life, which was suggested by pal Julian Clary, is the same as before but he merely 'feels more committed'

Paul married Andre in a secret wedding ceremony after 11 years as a couple, when they tied the knot last month at The Goring Hotel's gardens.

Guests - Wedding - Ian - McKellen - Julian

Guests at the idyllic wedding reportedly included acting great Ian McKellen, comedian Julian and actor-turned-politician Michael Cashman.

Now he has spoken for the first time about Paul said: 'She would be over the moon. It was just such a shame she wasn’t there. She wouldn’t have sung.

'She - Anyone - Cilla - Song - Voice

'She would never sing in public. If anyone said: "Cilla, give us a song", she’d say: "I can’t, me voice is bad, but Paul will". She wouldn’t get up at a wedding. She never used to sing in the shower or round the house.'

'It was a smashing day. A quiet little thing but I really enjoyed it. Julian put the seed in my head. He said, ‘I’ve got married. You should’. And he’s right, then you protect your partner. If anything happens to me, he is pro­­tected. It makes sense.'

Paul - Fame - Drag - Alter - Savage

Paul, who found huge fame as his drag alter ego Lily Savage, revealed his relationship with ballet dancer and teacher Andre in his 2012 biography, Still Standing, where he said: 'Our relationship just crept up...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
15 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
This space intentionally left blank