BREAKING: Senator Who Posted About Trump Assassination Formally Censured!

Truthfeed | 9/14/2017 | truthfeednews
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://truthfeednews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/censured.png

The Missouri Senate formally condemned a St. Louis-area lawmaker Wednesday after posting and later deleting a Facebook comment in which she hoped for President Donald Trump’s assassination.The state senate voted 28-2 to censure State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal. The only two to vote against the censure were senators Kiki Curls (D-Kansas City) and Jamilah Nasheed (D-St. Louis).

State senators, in Jefferson City for a special legislative session, could not reach the required two-thirds vote to expel Chappelle-Nadal. Censure is the legislative act of publicly reprimanding an official’s conduct and expressing disappointment. The resolution also reminded Chappelle-Nadal the senate could return to the matter and expel her at a future date.

Censure - Chappelle-Nadal - D-University - City - Statement

Following the censure, Chappelle-Nadal (D-University City) issued the following statement:

“Again, I apologize for the Facebook posting. However, I have made it clear that I will not resign. The voters of my district elected me to represent them. I will work tirelessly for the remainder of my elected term to bring about positive change for my constituents and all Missourians.”

August - Chappelle-Nadal - Comments - Facebook - Exchange

On August 17, Chappelle-Nadal’s comments came in a Facebook exchange with a person named Christopher Gagne. Her post was deleted by the morning, but the screengrab had been saved and shared.

In an interview with Fox 2’s Chris Hayes the same day, Chappelle-Nadal said she would not apologize for her remarks. She told our news partners at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that she was frustrated with President Trump’s response to the white supremacist...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Truthfeed
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!