Angelina Jolie Opens Up to PEOPLE About Her ‘Difficult’ Year: ‘I Am a Little Bit Stronger’

PEOPLE.com | 9/13/2017 | Melody Chiu
fofo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/angelina-cover.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2000px,1050px&resize=1200,630

Much has changed over the last year in Angelina Jolie‘s life, but one thing has remained constant — her dedication to her children.

After filing for divorce from Brad Pitt on September 19, 2016, Jolie retreated from the spotlight to focus on her family as they work to heal from the traumatic split.

Ups - Downs - Bit - Actress - Director

“I have had my ups and downs. I guess I am a little bit stronger,” the actress, director and philanthropist tells PEOPLE exclusively in an interview for the magazine’s new cover story. “We all have our difficult times, but as a mother you also have a responsibility first and foremost towards the kids. They are going through their formative years and everything else comes second to that.”

With her children — Maddox, 16, Pax, 13, Zahara, 12, Shiloh, 11, Vivienne and Knox, 9 — by her side, the superstar, 42, is back at work promoting First They Killed My Father, a movie she directed for Netflix (debuting Sept. 15) based on her friend Loung Ung’s memoir about surviving the Khmer Rouge genocide in Cambodia.

Details - Jolie - Life - Movie - First

For all the details on Jolie’s new life, her emotional movie First They Killed My Father and her hopes for her kids, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.

Jolie confirmed she plans on taking on more acting roles in the future, including Maleficent 2, but says her priority remains her children and their well-being.

Everything - Children

“Everything will be around the children,” she says. “I haven’t worked for over...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
24 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!