Making HERstory! Talented teenager becomes the first female quarterback to throw a touchdown pass in the history of her school during her FIRST EVER varsity football game

Mail Online | 9/5/2017 | Germania Rodriguez For Dailymail.com
tiana_101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/05/19/43F0A4D800000578-0-image-a-33_1504635346255.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/09/05/7273956469334429679/1024x576_MP4_7273956469334429679.mp4

A Florida teen has made history by becoming the first female quarterback in her high school to throw a touchdown pass - and she did so during her first-ever varsity game.

Sixteen-year-old Holly Neher, a student at Hollywood Hills High School, threw a 42-yard strike on Thursday night at Cooper City High as she made her debut as the second-ever female quarterback to play in her school's tackle football team.

Junior - Game - Quarter - Pass - Attempt

The junior was brought into the game during the fourth quarter, and on her first pass attempt threw a far-reaching ball over a leaping safety to her six-foot-three teammate Alexander Shelton, who broke the other team's tackle and completed the 45-yard-touchdown.

Although her team still lost 21-7 against Hallandale High School, Holly threw the pass to make the sole touchdown of the whole game, giving the Spartans the only points they scored.

'I - Teammates - Holly - ABC - Moment

'I started jumping up and down. My teammates started jumping on me,' Holly told ABC of the moment.

'Coaches were screaming from the sidelines. Everyone started hitting me on the helmet'.

Athlete - Girl - Varsity - Football - Team

The five-foot-two athlete is the only girl in her 50-member varsity football team, and the second girl ever to play in her school's 51-year history, according to principal Erin Brown.

'When she made that pass the whole crowd went wild and you could see the support from her teammates,' she told ABC. 'We couldn't be more proud of our students.'

Everything - Nerves - Moment - Flag - Football

Holly, who said she had to tune everything out to control her nerves at the moment, had played flag football for two years before she made the transition to tackle football this year.

'I wanted to continue playing the sport so I tried out for the team,' said Holly. 'I knew that I was capable.'

Although she is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Vote for gridlock, it's our only hope!