Mother Left Speechless As Garth Brooks Stops Mid-Concert To Give Her Ailing Son A Shout Out

The Daily Caller | 9/4/2017 | Staff
fofo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/2014-11-26T203029Z_1_LYNXNPEAAP135_RTROPTP_4_USA-ENTERTAINMENT-e1430412680578.jpg

Gale Gariepy says she was “just trying not to cry” when Garth Brooks stopped his Calgary concert Friday night. Brooks gave his autographed guitar to Gariepy’s six-year-old son Mason, who had just been informed that he was cancer-free after a successful year-long fight with acute myeloid leukaemia.

Brooks welcomed the family to the concert and handed-over the singular souvenir.

Spotlight - Scotiabank - Saddledom - Swung - Gariepy

When the spotlight at the Scotiabank Saddledom swung over to illuminate them, Gariepy tells CBC News, “I am just trying not to cry. I am just trying to focus on him. I don’t want to look at the jumbotron, I really want to take in the whole moment, but not very many people get this one-on-one.”

Brooks was aware of the family’s cancer victory because a friend of the family had constructed a sign with that message on it. That friend also recorded the event on video.

Gale - Gariepy - Child - Times

He said to Gale Gariepy, “As hard as that child has fought, I know you you have fought a hundred times harder.”

Gariepy says she would...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!