Melee Breaks Out at Charlottesville City Council Meeting

MSN | 8/21/2017 | By FRANCES ROBLES
entengo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAqwbPr.img?&imgtype=.jpg

It was the Council’s first meeting since the Aug. 11 and 12 rallies that brought hundreds of white supremacists to Charlottesville. White and black residents alike were furious with the police response to the demonstrations, and they faulted officers for not engaging during repeated scuffles. A woman, Heather D. Heyer, was killed when a man drove into a crowd.

The meeting started out without incident, but soon several residents began shouting down city officials for allowing the Aug. 12 “Unite the Right” rally to take place. When police officers forcibly removed three people from the Council meeting, the 100 or so people at the meeting broke out into furious chants, screaming “Shame” and “Shut it down!” No injuries were reported.

Tracy - Saxon - People - Nazis - Freedom

“I’m outraged!” said Tracy Saxon, 41. “I watched my people get beat and murdered. They let Nazis in here have freedom of speech and they protect them? And we can’t have freedom of speech?”

Two people stood on the dais and unfurled a banner with the words “Blood on your hands!” as council members and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: MSN
Wake Up To Breaking News!