Funnily enough, this is the second time a lost ring has been found on a carrot

www.yahoo.com | 8/16/2017 | Staff
vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
https://www.yahoo.com/funnily-enough-second-time-lost-191925173.html?format=embed&region=US&lang=en-US&site=style&player_autoplay=true

When Mary Grams of Alberta, Canada, lost her engagement ring over a decade ago, she never thought she’d find it. But to her surprise, her missing carat was found on none other than a carrot. The 84-year-old recalls losing the beloved piece of jewelry back in 2004 when she was working on her family’s farm. She told CBC News that it must have fallen off while she was pulling a weed from the ground.

“We looked high and low on our hands and knees,” Grams said. “We couldn’t find it. I thought for sure either they rototilled it or something had happened to it.”

Grams - Time - Years - Ring - Husband

Grams, who at that time was 71 years old, had worn the ring since her husband, Norman, proposed in 1951, a year before their wedding. When she lost it, she didn’t have the heart to tell him.

“I didn’t tell him, even, because I thought for sure he’d give me heck or something,” Grams said, before explaining that she’d gone out and replaced the ring herself. Now, 13 years later, the replacement ring is being retired.

Fact - Ring - Defies - Odds - Sense

The fact that the ring was found defies all odds, but makes a little more sense knowing the soil it was lost and found in is ground the family has been tilling for years. The Grams Family Farm in Alberta has a garden maintained by family members, which is where Grams’s daughter-in-law stumbled upon the long lost ring. Not knowing where the ring came from or to whom it belonged, she asked her husband what...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.yahoo.com
41 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...
Tagged: