Taylor Swift Makes ‘Generous’ Donation to Mariska Hargitay’s Foundation for Survivors of Sexual Assault

PEOPLE.com | 8/16/2017 | Karen Mizoguchi
Click For Photo: http://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/taylor-swift-mariska-hargitay.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2000px,1050px&resize=1200,630

Taylor Swift’s Attorney Douglas Baldridge: “This Is Where The Line Is”

Taylor Swift vowed to give donations to organizations helping survivors of sexual assault following her court victory Monday.

Singer - Promise - Friend - Actress - Mariska

And the 27-year-old singer made good on that promise, choosing friend and actress Mariska Hargitay‘s Joyful Heart Foundation to receive monetary aid to mark her victory in the groping trial.

“Taylor is aware of the Joyful Heart Foundation and follows our work,” Maile M. Zambuto, CEO of the Joyful Heart Foundation, told the Huffington Post on Wednesday. “Her team got in touch with me and we talked a lot about her commitment, all along throughout this ordeal, to wanting to be of service to survivors.”

Zambuto - Amount - Money - Swift - Foundation

Zambuto did not reveal the specific amount of money Swift will give to the foundation, but said that the donation was an “extremely generous financial investment in the movement to end sexual violence.”

“I hope that Taylor’s very public experience ― and her decision to speak out ― not only helps empower other victims to speak up and take action, but offers them solidarity,” said Hargitay, who plays Detective Olivia Benson on the hit NBC show Law & Order SVU.

“I’m honored by her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!