GAiN Conference Day 4 - Sabbath

spectrummagazine.org | 8/13/2017 | Staff
hi09 (Posted by) Level 3
I heard a rumor earlier in the week that a herd of capybara spend their mornings sunbathing at the pond across the street from my hotel. So on Sabbath morning a newfound GAiN friend and I trekked around the pond, enjoying the numerous birds and flowering trees along the path. And then, sure enough: on the opposite bank there was the little family enjoying the early morning sunshine. Arguably one of the most relaxed creatures on earth, they seemed unperturbed by my enthusiasm at their presence.

Alas, after snapping a few photos, we had to make our way back to the hotel lest we be left behind by the bus, as almost happened last night. But that’s a story for another time.

UNASP - Campus - Church - Sabbath - Morning

The UNASP campus church was absolutely packed for the Sabbath morning service when we arrived. First service (mostly full of students and locals) was late getting done and our crowd of 850+ GAiN (Global Adventist Internet Network) attendees were left waiting outside until they wrapped up. Fortunately, winter in Brazil is quite pleasant and there are definitely worse things than being stuck outdoors in the sun, surrounded by palm trees and tropical plants.

Second service was standing room only, as it had been for Friday night vespers. It began with Williams Costa, GC communication director, bringing the 13 division communication directors on stage to introduce them to the crowd and thank them for their service to the Church. Costa then presented the GC’s Youth Ministries Department with an award for their efforts in creating a successful Global Youth Day. Pako Mokgwane, associate youth director, accepted the award on behalf of the team.

Sermon - GC - Vice - President - Guillermo

The sermon was given by GC Vice President Guillermo Biaggi and was entitled, “Love that Drives Me to Serve.” Biaggi covered a variety of topics. One of his emphases was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: spectrummagazine.org
34 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
How's that peak oil working out for you?