Celebrity Big Brother sparks a wave of complaints to Ofcom amid claims of 'racism, homophobia and sexism'

Mail Online | 8/8/2017 | Rebecca Lawrence For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/08/16/4313D36B00000578-0-image-a-4_1502207140867.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/08/06/1117116020476628456/1024x576_MP4_1117116020476628456.mp4

TV regulatory body Ofcom has received more than 20 complaints since Celebrity Big Brother returned to screens last week.

Viewers have been outraged by the scenes, and have complained of witnessing 'racism, sexism and homophobia' in the post-watershed show.

Subject - Racism - House - Monday - Episode

The subject of racism has already been aired inside the house, and during Monday's episode, Big Brother pulled Paul Danan into the Diary Room after he raged at Karthik Nagesan.

Following an altercation on Sunday - where The Apprentice star had accused Paul of racism for calling him Qatar, instead of Karthik, Paul reignited the feud.

Monday - Episode - Businessman - Order - Racist

During Monday's episode he raged at the Indian born businessman saying he was 'out of order to play the racist card'.

Adding: 'If you ever f*****g do that again I ain’t gonna be happy. I’m not going to be happy if you dare to play the racist card again. If you’re not happy with your name and you need to be called K, change it.'

Paul - Big - Brother - Incident - Warning

Paul was called in by Big Brother who spoke him through the incident but did not give him a formal warning. They said: 'During your conversation Karthik misheard you and thought you had said Qatar.

'With that in mind it is understandable that Karthik may have thought that you were potentially using racist language as it’s the name of a Middle Eastern airline and therefore could be seen as demeaning and inappropriate. Can you see it from his side?'

Paul - Understand - People - Danan - Airline

Calming down, Paul replied: 'Absolutely I can, I completely an understand. If people say Danan wrong it really grates on me. If there is an airline that is very similar and it’s Middle East. It is proper politics.'

An Ofcom spokesperson told MailOnline: 'We will assess these complaints before deciding whether or not to investigate.' A representative for Channel 5 declined to comment.

Monday - Night - Row

Monday night's row...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!