No, the Hipster Barista Does Not Represent Millennials

American Greatness | 7/1/2017 | Brandon J. Weichert
ali11 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amgreatness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HipsterFeatureCrop.png

Have you seen that “hipster barista” meme floating around the Internet? How many of you have scoffed at the Millennial generation for being a bunch of “snowflakes”? Or sneered at Generation Z (those born from 1996 onward) for their zombie-like passivity? We’ve all been there.

Whether you’re a Baby Boomer or even a Right-wing Millennial like me, we’ve all mocked the childish, liberal image of the Millennials and the generation succeeding them. But, looking at the four generations of American that have been born since the end of World War II, you begin to understand that the Millennials are increasingly conservative. It may be the case that Generation Z (or whatever label they end up with) will be more pragmatic and clear-eyed than their grandparents.

Course - Image - Generations - Millennials - Skew

Of course, the image of our two generations is quite different. And it’s true that voting Millennials skew left. Yet everyone seems to forget that the younger a person is, the more liberal they likely are. Often it’s just a phase that passes with maturity.

But is such a noticeable prevalence of liberals among Millennials indicative of the entire generation (especially compared to the Baby Boomers at this same stage in life)? Or is it simply the picture of my generation that the generally Leftist mainstream media wishes to paint? I suspect it’s the latter.

Decade - Mainstream - Media - Millennials - Cars

For nearly a decade, the mainstream media has invested in a certain narrative about Millennials. We didn’t want to own cars because they’re too unwieldy and environmentally unfriendly, and besides, insurance is really expensive. We supposedly weren’t interested in homeownership, either. Marketing mavens and their friends in the press presented mounds of surveys showing Millennials would rather spend what little money we had on experiences—traveling and meeting new people while sampling avocado toast and artisanal ramen—as opposed to owning stuff.

Then, of course, there was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: American Greatness
Wake Up To Breaking News!