Hero imam hailed for his bravery in the Finsbury Park attack is a 'lad' and an 'extremely good cook' famed for his slow-cooked beef dishes

Mail Online | 6/25/2017 | Abe Hawken For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/06/25/18/418FC36400000578-0-image-a-17_1498410882914.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/06/21/3562619524197335882/1024x576_MP4_3562619524197335882.mp4

The hero imam who bravely saved a terror suspect's life after the Finsbury Park attack has been described as a 'London lad' who is known for his cooking.

Mohammed Mahmoud, 30, stepped in when an angry crowd attempted to 'kick and punch' 47-year-old suspect Darren Osborne.

Osborne - Cardiff - South - Wales - Men

Osborne, from Cardiff, South Wales, was being restrained by three men following the suspected terror attack and Mr Mahmoud was hailed a hero.

He shouted 'don't touch him' and was able to surround and protect the terror suspect before shielding him from the crowd of 100 people.

Friend - Mr - Mahmoud - Foodie - Home

His friend has described Mr Mahmoud as a 'real foodie' who 'loves hanging out' at his home.

Speaking to The Sunday Times, Iqbal Malik said his friend is a film buff and enjoyed Batman v Superman which came out in March last year.

'He - Home - Friends - Foodie

He said: 'He loves hanging out at home with friends and he's a real foodie.

'He's an extremely good cook and he loves learning recipes and tips. He often asks mates "Can you get your mum to teach me how she makes biryani?"'

Friends - La - Swap - College - Highgate

The friends met each other in 2003 when they both went to the La Swap college in Highgate, north London and Mr Malik praised Mr Mahmoud's heroic decision to try and calm the group down.

Mr Mahmoud, who came to Britain from Egypt when he was seven weeks old, was modest and said the intervention on June...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!