WHY A ZIPPO LIGHTER MADE ME CRY

Youth Specialties | 4/29/2017 | Staff
reantes (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://youthspecialties.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/YS-Blog_750x300_zippo.jpg

“Cary Branscum is looking for you.”

It was early and in route to my office when I got the call from my admin that Cary had already been to my office and had something for me. He was excited.

ME - TELL - YOU - ABOUT - CARY

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT CARY.

Cary is one of my ministry mentors and heroes. He is a veteran of various ministries and a wealth of wisdom and encouragement for all who are blessed to know him. Besides being one of the most creative people I have ever worked with, he is also one of the most selfless and loyal workers in the Kingdom (this endorsement covers over 30 plus years of ministry. Cary is the real deal). He has been and continues to be someone who goes out of their way to believe in and encourage me, my family and ministry. So, when we worked together, at least once a month, I would head over to his office, sit down in his “comfy chair” (it really is a marvel of furniture engineering) and spend a few encouraging minutes with the great Cary Branscum.

TO - THAT - MORNING

BACK TO THAT MORNING.

“I know this will sound odd, but I need you to follow me to the Men’s Restroom.”

Odd - AWKWARD - Cary - Objection - Candy

Odd and AWKWARD for sure! However, since Cary was asking, I agreed to follow him without objection (no, I have never taken candy from a stranger).

As we entered the bathroom, he walked to the sink counter and began opening a packaged Zippo lighter. He explained all of the lighter’s reliable features as he demonstrated how to fill the lighter with fluid. Then, with one hand and much swagger, he brought forth a flame from the Zippo, snapped it shut and handed it to me. I was humbled, stunned, a little speechless, incredibly blessed and teary-eyed.

DID - THE - GIFT - A - ZIPPO

WHY DID THE GIFT OF A ZIPPO BRING...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Youth Specialties
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: