'I think his body just gave up': George Michael's ex-partner says Wham! star was in 'good spirits' before he died as he reveals family's anguish over delay to singer's funeral 

Mail Online | 3/4/2017 | Charlie Moore For Mailonline
SweetStuff33 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/05/00/3DF7A28300000578-0-image-a-2_1488673055468.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/12/28/3332110810095501994/1024x576_MP4_3332110810095501994.mp4

George Michael's former boyfriend of 15 years believes the Wham! star's body 'just gave up' when he died.

Kenny Goss, 58, revealed he's been supporting George's family who are desperate to bury his body but have to wait for toxicology test results.

George - Boyfriend - Fadi - Fawaz - Singer

George's boyfriend Fadi Fawaz suggested the singer committed suicide but Texan art dealer Mr Goss, who met George in LA in 1996, simply believes his time was up.

Alluding to George's repeated drug use, he told the Sunday Mirror: 'I can't say for sure but I think his body just gave up. All these years, it was just weak.'

Contact - George - Death - UK - Weeks

He said he was in constant contact with George before his death and flew to the UK two weeks ago to support his family.

'I was speaking to him all the time on the phone. He was in good spirits,' he said.

Closure - Time

'I'll be there for the funeral. We just want closure, we want the funeral to happen, it's been a long time now.'

Mr Goss previously spoke out about George's shocking death during an interview in which he branded the star 'the love of his life'.

Michael - Granberry - Dallas - Morning - News

Speaking to Michael Granberry of Dallas Morning News, he said he was 'in a zone' when he received a call from George's sister Melanie on Christmas Day.

On the couple's relationship, which ended in 2009 and was announced in 2011, he said: 'We just had a really good, sweet relationship.

'We - Anything - That

'We weren't even mad at each other or anything like that.'

He added: 'He was truly the love of my life. And I think I was the love of his life.'

Star - Donations - 'He - Checks - Ones

And on the star's charitable donations, he said: 'He just wrote huge checks, enormous ones. He gave away tens of millions of pounds to charity.'

Mr Goss declined to comment about celebrity hairdresser Fadi Fawaz, who had been George's...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!