THE SECRET OF SUPERMAN

Parent Cue | 5/6/2015 | Reggie Joiner
urbanagirl3 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://theparentcue.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/superboy-1-of-11.jpg

When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Superman. Seriously! I still remember the day my parents handed me a box from Sears and Roebuck that contained a red cape, blue tights with a red-and-yellow “S” shield on the chest. When I put it on, something magical happened. It transformed me from a shy six-year-old to a super hero with unique powers.

I was more powerful than my dad’s parked car.

Fences - Bound

I could leap tall fences with a single bound.

I was faster than our speeding fox terrier.

Whenever - Suit - Year - Trouble - Mom

Looking back, I am absolutely positive that I could jump higher, run faster, and do more whenever I put on that suit. That was the year I got in trouble with my mom for running across the roof of our house in my red cape and underwear. It was just one of those days when I had to get suited up fast, so I left the tights off and just went with the cape. And don’t ask me how I got up on the roof. You should know. I flew, of course. At least that’s what I remember.

I don’t actually recall when I stopped believing in Superman, but his story did convince me of something that is true.

Good

Good will ultimately win over evil.

It’s ironic that the story of Superman was created in 1938 by two high school students in Cleveland Ohio. Superman literally showed up in the nick of time. It just happened to be the same year, Hitler appointed himself as the supreme commander of the armed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Parent Cue
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.
Tagged: