Boy, 5, is killed in house fire that started while he was playing with a lighter

Mail Online | 2/22/2017 | Snejana Farberov For Dailymail.com
leeann77 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/22/20/3D89BA6E00000578-0-image-a-113_1487795619051.jpg

A five-year-old boy from Virginia has been killed in a house fire that officials believe he accidentally started while playing with a lighter in the garage.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department got a call at 5.08pm on Tuesday about a fire raging in the 8100 block of Arcade Street in Lorton.

Firefighters - Scene - Smoke - Flames - Garage

Firefighters who responded to the scene came upon smoke and flames pouring out of the garage of a single-family home, according to a press release.

A couple who had managed to escape from the house told firefighters that their five-year-old son, identified on Wednesday as Stellna Lotuno, was still trapped in the garage.

Neighbor - Derek - Ganley - NBC - Washington

Neighbor Derek Ganley tells NBC Washington that he heard the boy's mother frantically calling for him.

First responders jumped into action and quickly extinguished the flames, but by the time they were able to enter the fire-ravaged structure, Lotuno had died.

Arrival - Fire - Rescue - Units

Prior to the arrival of fire and rescue units, three...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged:
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!