Syfy Has Announced a “Cosplay Melee” Television Competition

TVOvermind | 2/17/2017 | Nat Berman
Click For Photo: http://www.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Cosplay-Melee.jpg

Did I tell you Cosplay has hit the mainstream in a big way or did I tell you Cosplay has hit the mainstream in a big way? Never in a million years would I ever think to be announcing a reality competition solely based on costume making but here we are and Syfy just announced a series called “Cosplay Melee.” While there was some controversy surrounding a project called “Heroes of Cosplay” Syfy has given the green light on Cosplay Melee.

It’s a competition styled reality show featuring four cosplayers who battle it out to see who can do the best job at bringing their characters to life. I almost look at this show in the same style as a MasterChef or Project Runway. It’s really no different in the sense that contestants are competing, there will be a winner, and the winner will hopefully go on to bigger and better things in the Cosplay world.

Full - Release - Trailer

Full release and trailer below:

UNIVERSAL CITY, CA – February 16, 2017 – The world’s most innovative cosplayers go head to head each week in Syfy’s new transformation competition series COSPLAY MELEE – an epic showdown of creativity, eye popping costumes and one of a kind characters. Premiering on...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVOvermind
Wake Up To Breaking News!