'I know they are going to die': The staggering bravery of a Muslim immigrant foster father who has devoted the past two decades to caring for dozens of terminally ill children

Mail Online | 2/8/2017 | James Wilkinson For Dailymail.com
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/09/05/3CFD04B600000578-0-image-a-52_1486619376691.jpg

To foster any child takes an extraordinary amount of selfless love and devotion. But one man in Los Angeles has taken on an even more monumental role: caring for the city's dying children.

Mohamed Bzeek is that man: A devout Libyan-born Muslim who has spent the last 20 years giving hope and comfort to children no other person would touch - ten of whom have died.

Key - Bzeek - Los - Angeles - Times

'The key is, you have to love them like your own,' Bzeek told the Los Angeles Times. 'I know they are sick. I know they are going to die. I do my best as a human being and leave the rest to God.'

Bzeek, 62, moved to the US from Libya as a college student in 1978. He began fostering children in 1989, and in 1991 he experienced his first death.

Girl - Womb - Pesticides - Farm-worker - Mother

The girl had been affected in the womb by pesticides sprayed on her farm-worker mother, and her spine was so deformed that she had to wear a full body cast.

She was in his home for just a year when she passed away. Bzeek still has a photograph of the girl lying in her coffin, surrounded by flowers.

Child - Boy - Times - Syndrome - Food

Another child - a boy who had to be admitted to hospital 167 times and died aged eight - was born with short-gut syndrome and couldn't eat food.

Nevertheless, Bzeek would sit him down at the table with a bowl and spoon so that he could feel like part of the family.

Bzeek - Girl - Encephalocele - Parts - Brain

Now, Bzeek is caring for a girl who was born with encephalocele, which left her mentally and physically underdeveloped - and with parts of her brain protruding from a hole in her skull that had to be surgically removed.

She is blind and deaf, paralyzed in her arms and legs, and suffers seizures every day.

She spends at least 22...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...