I had to identify my friend’s body by her glittery nail polish: Anguish of tourist who survived beach massacre as it's revealed gunmen head weapon in a parasol 

Mail Online | 6/26/2015 | Sam Tonkin;Richard Spillett for MailOnline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/23/15/3C6DE88500000578-0-image-a-88_1485185479693.jpg

A survivor of the Tunisian beach massacre today re-lived the horror of identifying her dead friend – whose body was only recognisable by her glittery toenail varnish.

Divorced mother-of-four Trudy Jones, 51, was holidaying with friends when she was shot in the neck and chest by a terrorist gunman who hid his firearm in a parasol as he carried it along a beach, an inquest heard.

Seifeddine - Rezgui - Tourists - Riu - Imperial

Seifeddine Rezgui killed 30 British tourists after entering the Riu Imperial Marhaba in Sousse from the beach on June 26 2015.

One witness described how he grabbed his wife and ran for his life after seeing the gunman shooting victims 'like he was doing a normal job.'

Beach - Wife - Beach - Terrorist

Another told how he ran down the beach after realising his wife was on the beach with the terrorist.

'My only thought was for my wife, to get to my wife,' Simon Greaves told the inquest.

Inquest - Royal - Courts - Justice - London

An inquest at the Royal Courts of Justice in London is set to hear evidence in relation to each of the 30 British victims murdered in the atrocity.

The first victim the inquest heard details about was Ms Jones, from Gwent, South Wales.

Holiday - Number - Friends - Carol - Anne

She had been on holiday with a number of friends including Carol Anne Powell when Rezgui killed 38 tourists at the five-star Riu Imperial Marhaba hotel.

On the morning of her death she had gone for breakfast with Ms Powell, before both women got ready to sunbathe.

Ms - Jones - Way - Ms - Powell

Ms Jones made her way to beach while Ms Powell sat by the pool.

In a statement she said: 'At around 12 or 12.30pm I heard the most terrible explosion. The explosion came from behind me, towards the beach area. It was the loudest noise you could ever hear.'

Explosion - Beach - Kitchen - Crowds - People

She added that she initially thought it was an explosion in a beach kitchen, and then crowds of people appeared, running away from...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!