CNN Guests Marvel Over Obama and His Defense of the Media; Powers Dissents

NewsBusters | 1/19/2017 | Staff
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2017-01-18-cnn-ct-panel.jpg

USA Today's Kirsten Powers countered by spotlighting the chief executive's hostile actions towards the press: "I do think its worth reflecting a little bit on President Obama's legacy and how he interacted with the media — which really wasn't very good....Jill Abramson, the former executive editor of the New York Times, said this White House was the most secretive White House she had ever dealt with. They waged a war on whistle-blowers."

Anchor Don Lemon introduced the topic of the outgoing president's relationship with the media by underlining that "Donald Trump has been so critical of the press; and today, President Barack Obama held his final news conference — began it with a full-throated defense of the press." After playing a clip of the politician's remarks, Lemon turned to CNN Politics executive editor Mark Preston for his take. Preston first pointed out the host's own words from moments earlier: "I want to go back to what you said about it feels like it's the end of an era. And I got to tell you what: in some ways, it is, of course, because...we all experienced something very historic."

Editor - Obama - Core - Values - America

The editor continued by noting how Obama vowed to "speak up when he sees the core values of America at stake — whether that's systemic racism — you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
30 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.