‘Why did my gentle boy have to die?’: Mother’s anguish after her church-going 17-year-old son was stabbed to death just 200 yards from his home 

Mail Online | 11/14/2016 | Paddy Dinham For Mailonline
chrismpotts (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/14/19/3A600E6800000578-0-image-a-35_1479151362874.jpg

The distraught mother of a 17-year-old stabbed to death on his way to a birthday party has told how battling medics used 40 bags of blood in a bid to save him.

And the man who found him said that people just walked by the teen as he held the youth's hand and tried to keep him talking.

Duran - Williams - Kajiama - Alleyway - Walk

Duran Williams Kajiama was fatally stabbed in an alleyway a short walk from his house on Saturday evening.

As he staggered back to try and get home, he collapsed in the street and was helped by 30-year-old Nathan Hickmott, who battled to comfort him and stop the bleeding while the ambulance came.

Boy - Back - Neck

Another boy, 16, was also stabbed in the back and neck nearby but survived.

Speaking at the family near the scene in Dagenham, east London, Duran's mother, Beatrice Mushiya, told of the pain and regret of losing her son.

'I - Friend - Birthday - Party

She said: 'I can't believe it. I was not expecting this. I know very little about what happened. I know he was going to a friend's birthday party.

'He left home, and the next thing for me was to get a phone call from the police saying they had taken him to hospital.

'They

'They just said that he had been stabbed and that he was unwell.'

Beatrice rushed to hospital to be at her son's side, but found him in theatre for a number of hours while doctors desperately tried to stop the bleeding.

'But - Hospital - Blood - Bags - Blood

She said: 'But in hospital, they just couldn't stop the blood. They said they had used 40 bags of blood, but he just kept bleeding.

'They couldn't keep the blood in him.'

Beatrice - Son - Month - Harm - Anyone

Beatrice said her son, who had turned 17 just last month, would 'do no harm to anyone'.

She said: 'He was a lovely boy. I'm not just saying that because I'm his mum - he was lovely to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep