I'm getting married in Kauai — thanks to credit card sign-up bonuses, I'm able to cover my family's flights with points

Business Insider | 2/14/2020 | Bethany McCamish
hey13hey13 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.insider.com/5e4702012dae5c567d4e91c3?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

Business Insider recommends credit cards based on their overall value and ease of use. Sometimes, we receive a commission through The Points Guy affiliate network if you apply and are approved for a card, but our choices are always independent and objective.

My fiancé and I are getting married in Kauai, and we're saving on travel costs by booking flights on points.

Ultimate - Rewards - Points - Chase - Sapphire

We transferred Ultimate Rewards points from the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card to Southwest to book our round-trip tickets.

I also signed up for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card and am working toward the Companion Pass. This will let me bring along a family member for almost free.

Fiancé - Points - Miles - South - America

My fiancé and I have used points and miles to travel as far as South America. When we decided on Kauai for our destination wedding, we took two plane tickets out of our wedding budget. That's because we knew we could book them using our credit card points. Here's how we did it.

Keep in mind that we're focusing on the rewards and perks that make these credit cards great options, not things like interest rates and late fees, which will far outweigh the value of any points or miles. It's important to practice financial discipline when using credit cards by paying your balances in full each month, making payments on time, and only spending what you can afford to pay back.

Travel - Rewards - Credit - Card - Future

The travel rewards credit card you pick should be determined by your future travel goals. For us, we like to get our plane tickets for free, and this is where Chase credit cards truly shine.

Our first Chase travel rewards card was the Chase Sapphire Preferred. We each applied and received the 60,000-point sign-up bonus by meeting the minimum spending requirement of $4,000 in the first...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Economic projections are useless with out the exact timer they will occur