I took 3 Delta flights in one day after finally getting elite status to see if it's really worth having — here's what I discovered

Business Insider | 2/14/2020 | Thomas Pallini
trainmantrainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.insider.com/5e446a2b2dae5c1a5a105513?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

Elite status is the endgame for most frequent flyers as it offers high-end perks such as free first-class upgrades.

I recently attained elite status on Delta Air Lines in the lowest level of its program and took a trip to see if I'd get upgraded despite my low seniority.

Surprise - Flight - Value - Trip - Status

To my surprise, I was upgraded on every flight and over $800 of value was added to my trip because I had the status.

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Travelers - Flights - Factors - Price - Schedule

When most travelers shop for flights, factors such as price and schedule are usually the key determiners as to which one will be selected. For frequent travelers, however, the process involves more loyalty thanks to frequent flyer programs.

Each airline has its own loyalty program that keeps its most valued customers coming back for a few reasons, but normally chief among them is the desire for elite status and all the benefits that accompany it.

Top - Loyalty - Program - Perks

Rising to the top of any loyalty program has its perks in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.