French teenager 'does not regret' her online rant against Islam

Mail Online | 2/4/2020 | Sophie Tanno For Mailonline
jenny124124jenny124124 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/02/04/16/24303690-0-image-a-2_1580835104281.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/02/01/9123979632286678685/1024x576_MP4_9123979632286678685.mp4

The French teenager who received death threats after footage of her saying that Islam was a 's**t' religion went viral online has come out of hiding to defend her strong atheist convictions.

The teenager, identified only as Mila, appeared on the French TV programme Quotidien last night to say she 'does not regret' her comments.

France - Elite - Girl - Death - Threats

It comes after France's left-wing elite was criticised for failing to support a 16-year-old girl who has faced death threats for insulting Islam.

She was removed from her sixth-form college in Lyon, south-east France, by police 'for her own safety' and has faced a torrent of insults and threats to rape and kill her.

Interview - Mila - Right - Convictions - 'I

During the interview Mila defended her right to her strong atheist convictions. She said: 'I would like to clarify that... I would like to come back to the subject about the fact that I absolutely do not regret what I said, that it was really what I thought.'

Then show host Yann Barhes says: 'That you don't regret the right to blaspheme?'

Mila - 'Yes - Right - Reason - Living

Mila replies: 'Yes, that's right. The right to blaspheme. And I don't have to hide for this reason. I don't have to stop living for this.

'But I would still like to say that in some way I am a little bit sorry towards the people who I might have hurt who practise their religion in peace, and I never wanted to target human beings.

Blaspheme - Religion

'I simply wanted to... blaspheme... I wanted to talk about a religion, and say what I thought about it, and that's all.'

Mila also told the show host: 'There are two things I regret in this story. The first is that I said it on social media because I had not taken into account how big it could get and [I also regret] having said it...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!