Abortion Survivors Share Their Stories

www.prophecynewswatch.com | 2/3/2020 | Staff
ditranianditranian (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.prophecynewswatch.com/images/recent/speakoutmarch152019.jpg

Share this article:

On my first trip to Germany some 30 years ago, a hotel employee reached out to unlock the door to my room. As her wrist slid out of her sleeve, I saw a number tattooed on her forearm. I caught my breath. A Holocaust survivor. Someone to whom something terrible had been done, and done legally, according to the laws and leaders of the day.

Moment - Week - Abortion - Survivors - March

That moment came to mind last week when I heard abortion survivors speak at the March for Life 2020 in Washington, D.C. To be clear, these were not women who survived botched abortions, but women and men whom others had attempted to kill them while they were yet unborn. Perfectly legal, according to the laws of today.

But they sent perhaps the most powerful message of the prolife movement: That human beings at the embryonic and fetal stages of life are - human beings. Abortion supporters so fear the message abortion survivors send that Fox refused to run an ad featuring them during the Super Bowl.

Years - Supreme - Court - Decision - Death

"Forty-seven years ago, the Supreme Court handed down the decision meant to be my death sentence," said Melissa Ohden, founder of the Abortion Survivors Network. In the 1970s, her biological mother underwent a saline abortion. "Over a five-day period, I soaked in a toxic salt solution being poisoned and scalded," she said. But the abortion was unsuccessful, and "I was accidentally born alive."

Years later, she was reconciled with her birth mother and members of her birth family. Cultural messages to the contrary, Ohden notes, the abortion did not empower her mother, and it certainly did not empower her, or her own daughters, who would not have been born had their biological grandmother's abortion been successful.

Abortion - Life

"I am so blessed to have survived an abortion to be loved into life by my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.prophecynewswatch.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!