Kobe Bryant stopped to help when he witnessed a car crash in 2018, and one of the survivors says the former NBA star fist-bumped his son for months afterwards

Business Insider | 1/27/2020 | Alan Dawson
rach-rachrach-rach (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.insider.com/5e2e150d62fa810e0c224d03?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

Kobe Bryant stopped to help when he witnessed a high-speed car crash in 2018.

The survivor, Ryan Williams, recalled the incident in a Twitter thread after Bryant died unexpectedly in a helicopter crash on Sunday, aged 41.

Bryant - Photos - Accident - Cell - Phone

Bryant took photos of the accident on his cell phone, TMZ reported at the time.

Williams said Bryant fist-bumped his son, high-fived his daughter, and offered words of wisdom in the months after the crash.

Kobe - Legend - Williams

"Kobe was a legend of a human," Williams said.

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Kobe - Bryant - People - Car - Accident

Kobe Bryant stopped to help the people involved in a high-speed car accident he witnessed in 2018, and one of the survivors said the former Lakers shooting guard fist-bumped his son for months afterwards.

Bryant, a five-time NBA champion, died in a helicopter crash at age 41 on Sunday alongside his daughter, Gianna "Gigi" Bryant. Nine people died in the crash in Calabasas, California.

News - Sports - Executives - Apple - Microsoft

The news transcended sports, with executives from Apple and Microsoft expressing shock, sadness, and respect for the ex-basketball player's legacy.

Bryant's death resurfaced a story from 15 months ago when he rushed to provide whatever assistance he could when he saw a car crash into another at 65 mph (104 kph) in the Newport Beach area of California.

Survivors - Ryan - Williams - Incident - Thread

One of the survivors, Ryan Williams, recalled the incident in a thread on Twitter.

"Kobe witnessed someone crash into me at 65 mph," he said. "He ran to my car. He helped. Most of all, he was kind. A week later, he saw me and my family at Starbucks. He told my wife how lucky I was to be alive."

TMZ

TMZ reported at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!