Focus on Who Not Do

(in)courage | 1/25/2020 | Staff
oxboyoxboy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/011820_Bryant_WithHim.jpg

It’s the beginning of a new year, and I don’t have a word, a detailed plan, or written goals. I’m more confused than I was three weeks ago about next steps in my life. I’m praying about what I should do today and am overwhelmed and exhausted.

Are you like me, praying for guidance, direction, and the revelation of next steps? Like you, I want to be obedient to God’s will for my life and expand His kingdom as I walk out His plans for me.

Voices - Anxiety - Creep - Something

But the voices of anxiety creep in and sound something like this:

What if I miss my next step?

Potential - God

What if I don’t live up to the full potential God has for me?

What am I doing that makes any real impact, like her?

Plan

What if I’m missing His plan completely?

What if I’m letting fear dictate my actions and I don’t even realize it?

Jesus

I’ve been praying about what to do, when instead I should have been asking Jesus to help me become who He created me to be.

When I am who God tells me I am, then I can be and do His will.

Anything - Him - Him - Clarity - Direction

He doesn’t need me to do anything for Him, only with Him. He gives clarity and direction at the perfect time. God doesn’t want any response to His love that isn’t rooted in love — like comparison, hustling to be the first or best, shying away from my calling, seeking to make a name for myself, striving to save the world, or anything done out of fear.

The One who holds today and all the plans for all our tomorrows wants us to be with Him — to follow Jesus so closely, our breath is on His neck. You won’t be a able to tell when His footsteps end and yours begin. When He pauses, you can pause...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: