March for Life: Why I march

www.christianpost.com | 1/24/2020 | Staff
Tanya9Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/47/234781.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

The reasons I am attending the March for Life have two names: Toby and Boaz. They are my brothers and both have Down syndrome. I could not imagine my life without them. Today’s world preaches acceptance, yet we still are not accepting of those around us with disabilities. We limit them, we separate them, and worst of all we do not give them a chance at life.

Down - Syndrome - Guild - Greater - Kansas

According to the Down Syndrome Guild of Greater Kansas City, the abortion rate of babies with a confirmed diagnosis of Down syndrome is about 75%. This equates to having approximately 30% fewer babies born with Down syndrome, as stated in the American Journal of Medical Genetics.

My family adopted both of my brothers from countries outside of the United States. I am so grateful that their mothers chose life, and I wish every pregnant mother understood there are options other than terminating the pregnancy, and one of those is adoption. My life has been transformed by the power of adoption. If you would have met me ten years ago, you wouldn’t even recognize me because I didn’t have the light, the joy, the laughter in my life that I do now because of my adopted brothers.

Brothers - Privilege - Families - Children - Down

Since adopting my brothers, we have had the privilege of meeting many other families who have had biological children with the Down syndrome diagnosis. Some of these families knew the diagnosis before birth...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!
Tagged: