Ask Chuck: How to financially prepare for marriage

www.christianpost.com | 1/24/2020 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/47/234787.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

To learn Biblical answers to your financial questions, you can #AskChuck @AskCrown your questions by clicking here. Questions used may be lightly edited for length or clarity.

Day - Lifetime - Planning

I am not married but would like to be one day, but who knows? Should I plan to live as a lifetime single in my financial planning?

First, I am glad you are interested in marriage! While there is nothing inferior with being single, whether by choice or otherwise, marriage is a means which God designed for us to experience the priceless riches of a family. The world needs more strong, Godly families. I also applaud your wisdom evidenced by the forward-looking question you have asked. Here’s my simple, direct answer: You need to manage your money for an unknown future. This is actually what all faithful stewards do, married or not.

Solomon - Ecclesiastes - One - Future - Someone

Solomon tells us in Ecclesiastes 8:7, “Since no one knows the future, who can tell someone else what is to come?” You and I and everyone else in the world do not know what tomorrow will bring – whether we will be married or single, whether the economy will go up or crash, whether we will be healthy or weak or even whether we will live or die. The wise acknowledge the uncertainty of tomorrow and prepare spiritually and financially. So here is my basic advice to help you be ready for tomorrow.

This is the key to good stewardship. It is essential as a single or as a married person.

Spending - Decisions - Freedom - Person - Flexibility

Frugal spending now will strongly impact your lifestyle decisions. The freedom you have as a single person provides flexibility to plan ahead while still enjoying the fruit of your labor. Keep a budget. Now is the time to stop overspending. Avoid impulsive and extravagant purchases. Learn to wait at least...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: