ARCHITECT OF CIA’S TORTURE PROGRAM TESTIFIES JUST YARDS FROM ACCUSED 9/11 PLOTTER HE WATERBOARDED

The Intercept | 1/21/2020 | Margot Williams
Click For Photo: https://theintercept.imgix.net/wp-uploads/sites/1/2020/01/h_14990516-1579631998-e1579632066871.jpg?auto=compress,format&q=90&fit=crop&w=1200&h=800

A psychologist who helped to design and execute the CIA’s “enhanced interrogation techniques” testified in open court for the first time on Tuesday in connection with the trial of five men accused of planning the 9/11 attacks.

“I suspected from the beginning that I would end up here,” James Mitchell told a Guantánamo Bay courtroom. Dressed in a charcoal suit and bright red tie, Mitchell stated that although he could have testified over a video link, he had chosen to come in person. “I did it for the victims and families,” he told James G. Connell III, an attorney for Ammar al-Baluchi, one of the accused plotters. “Not for you.”

Things - Dr - Bruce - Jessen - Years

He added: “You folks have been saying untrue and malicious things about me and Dr. [Bruce] Jessen for years.”

Mitchell and his colleague Jessen were previously questioned in videotaped depositions in a civil case, but the proceedings underway at the military court complex in Guantánamo represent the first courtroom appearances by the two psychologists as witnesses. On Tuesday, the accused architect of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Intercept
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Individuals can exist without government but government can't exist without individuals.