CIVIL RIGHTS…WHAT DIFFERENCE CAN I MAKE?

Godspacelight | 1/24/2020 | Staff
TraightTraight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/unnamed.jpg

Last week my husband and I drove down the mountain to Fort Collins to attend the annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. March & Celebration. I was really excited to gather with a diverse group of folks to celebrate the life of a man who was so instrumental in the Civil Rights Movement and also to bring awareness to the fact that much still needs to be done.

It doesn’t really seem like much. Most likely it won’t make a real difference in anyone’s life except perhaps my own. When I look at my heroes of activism like the ones shown on the card in the picture above, I am awed by the contributions they each made. The card was given to me by a dear friend and coworker who happened to be a dedicated activist herself and spent 50 years as a member of Sisters of St. Agnes. The heart shaped rock was left at my door years ago by two neighbor girls. It reminds me that my purpose is to love. Love fuels my desire for justice; it fueled Sister Judith’s desire for justice as well. What can I do? Can I really make a difference? There is no way I will ever be like Martin Luther King, Jr., Mahatma Gandhi, and Dorothy Day. Then I am reminded that I have been made for a purpose. We are God’s accomplishment, created in Christ Jesus to do good things. God planned for these good things to be the way that we live our lives. (Eph. 2: 10 CEB Translation) Perhaps my life destiny isn’t one of grandeur and fame. Truthfully, I’m fine with that but I do want to make a difference in my world.

Leaders - Movement - Difference

Sometimes when we look at the great leaders in any movement, we asked ourselves, “What difference...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
Tagged: