First Trailer for ‘Irresistible’ Reveals Writer-Director Jon Stewart’s Feature Film Follow-up

Collider | 1/23/2020 | Adam Chitwood
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/irresistible-steve-carell.jpg

Jon Stewart stepped out from behind The Daily Show desk back in 2014 for his writing and directing feature film, Rosewater. That biographical drama starred Gael García Bernal as Iranian-Canadian journalist Maziar Bahari, who was detained and brutally interrogated by Iranian forces who suspected him of being a spy. Stewart’s new film, Irresistible, is more of a homegrown story and its tone is more in line with what you would have expected from the veteran comedian. The plot of the political satire centers on a Democratic strategist (Steve Carell) who helps a retired veteran (Chris Cooper) run for mayor in a small, conservative Midwest town. He runs into trouble when a Republican strategist (Rose Byrne) gains interest.

This looks like it could be quite great, or maybe not-so-great. The satire here is a fine line, and I’m not sure this trailer gets the tone across perfectly. Or maybe it does. As a longtime viewer of Stewart’s Daily Show, however, I was a bit tickled to see the former host taking aim at cable news, and I’ll be...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.