SMH: MSNBC Goes Bonkers for ‘Remarkable,’ ‘Strong’ Schiff’s ‘Wonderful’ ‘Cri de Coeur’

NewsBusters | 1/24/2020 | Staff
anikianiki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2020-01-23-msnbc-trial-schiffclosing.jpg

Move over, Barack Obama. Because the liberal media might love Adam Schiff just as much — if not more! Along with CNN, MSNBC reacted late Thursday with eye-rolling joy for lead House Impeachment Manager Adam Schiff’s closing remarks, boasting that the “emotional,” “impassioned,” and “powerful” media darling gave such a “cri de coeur” that “was a wonderful, wonderful thing to see.”

Pundit Rachel Maddow started by reacting to Schiff’s “emotional closing statement” that closed a day focused on first of two Articles of Impeachment.

Tonight - Questions - Sort - Cri - Coeur

“We had not necessarily anticipated how they were going to wrap up tonight's questions, but I don’t think any of us knew that it would be an impassioned sort of cri de coeur there from — from Adam Schiff...This was a powerful closing from Congressman Schiff,” Maddow added, turning at the end of Last Word host Lawrence O’Donnell.

O’Donnell bragged that Schiff was “their closer” and “finisher” arguing in “very powerful” terms “why this President should be removed.”

Maddow - Senator - Claire - McCaskill - D-MO

Maddow continued by tossing to colleague and former Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) with more shock: “I didn’t — I did not expect him to wrap his comments that way. I found it very powerful, Claire.”

McCaskill trumpeted Schiff’s speech as “cogent,” “passionate,” “very powerful,” “strong,” and “thoughtful,” but fretted that “the problem is that he is speaking to people who are not going to vote to remove him.”

Topic - Lens - Seat - McCaskill - Republicans

In a topic that she would return to later through the lens of having lost her seat, McCaskill griped that, if Republicans would side with Democrats, “they probably will never be reelected again....because the Trump supporters to this moment believe this is all cooked up.”

Continuing to publicly demonstrate his liberal bona fides, former Mueller probe prosecutor Andrew Weissman swooned that not only was he “the adult in the room” but he was “sensational” and “just a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Measuring his life out one teaspoon at a time.