The Oscars Will Showcase Original Song Performers, From Elton John to Cynthia Erivo

IndieWire | 1/1/2020 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/10517026do.jpg

When the Oscars air live on ABC on February 9, another presenter will have a shot at mangling the name of singer Idina Menzel, as John Travolta did so memorably in 2014 (“Adele Dazeem”). That’s the year she performed the Oscar-winning song “Let It Go” from “Frozen,” and she will return to belt follow-up Best Original Song nominee “Into the Unknown” from “Frozen 2″ at the Academy Awards on February 9.

Oscar show producers Lynette Howell Taylor and Stephanie Allain have now announced the lineup of musical acts at the 2020 Oscars. This year’s other performers include two Oscar winners, Elton John with “(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again” from “Rocketman” and Randy Newman with “I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away” from “Toy Story 4,” as well as EGOT contender Cynthia Erivo (“Stand Up” from “Harriet”) and another actress-singer, Chrissy Metz (“I’m Standing With You” from “Breakthrough”). Elton John’s “Rocketman” song scored both Golden Globe and Critics’ Choice wins, and Menzel’s “Into the Unknown,” also written by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, received nominations as well.

Animation - Entry - Veteran - Nominee - Randy

Another animation entry is “I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away,” from veteran and dual nominee Randy Newman, for “Toy Story 4.” The music maestro has earned...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!