Live As If Jesus Rules and Eternity Is Real

ChurchLeaders | 1/23/2020 | Staff
amyc9948amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/1.23.HOME_.CC.JesusEternity.jpg

What if we were to live as if Jesus rules and eternity is real?

Have you ever seen someone trying to get out of a boat … slowly? They’ve got one foot on the dock and one foot in the boat, and they just don’t want to commit.

Person - Dock - Decision - Boat - Wait

When you see that person on the dock, all you can think is, “Make a decision. And quick, buddy.” Because as the boat starts to drift away, it’s going to get really uncomfortable really fast. You’re either in or you’re out! Wait long enough and the boat will decide for you.

My friend Joby Martin says this is what we do when we try to love God and money at the same time. You’ve got to make a decision if God or money will be first in your life, or it will tear you apart.

Paul - Church - Minds - Things - Things

When Paul told the Colossian church to set their minds on things above and not on the things of this present world, he was basically saying this: Live as if Jesus rules and eternity is real.

If you’re a Christian, that’s not news to you.

Problem - Colossians - Forgetfulness - Truths - Jesus

But the problem for us, just like it was for the Colossians, is that we are forgetful. And forgetfulness of these basic truths, Jesus said, is the primary thing that makes people go awry with money.

In Luke 16, Jesus tells a parable that makes this point. Let me retell it in my own words:

Accounts - Manager - Guy - Notice - Career

There was once an accounts manager for a really rich guy who was given his two-week notice. He thought, “What am I going to do? I’m too young to start in a new career, and I’ve grown accustomed to buying $5 Starbucks drinks every day, and there is no way I’m going back to Maxwell House.” Then the manager has a brilliant idea: He calls...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: