Thomas Markle says he will continue to accept money for appearances because Meghan and Harry 'owe' him: 'It's time to look after daddy'

Business Insider | 1/23/2020 | Anneta Konstantinides
jesse456jesse456 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.insider.com/5e299f53e0e14472d262091a?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

Thomas Markle said he will continue to accept money for appearances because he believes Prince Harry and Meghan Markle "owe" him.

"It's time to look after daddy," Thomas said in the new Channel 5 documentary "Thomas Markle: My Story."

Thomas - Length - Daughter - Money - Career

Thomas spoke at length about how he had financially provided for his daughter, while also noting that she had given him "some" money after her acting career took off.

That money included $20,000 she gave him over the course of two years, Thomas revealed.

"I'm going to defend myself, and I'm going to be paid for it," he added. "What I've been through, I should be rewarded for."

Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

Thomas - Markle - Press - Daughter

Thomas Markle won't stop talking to the press about his famous daughter anytime soon.

Meghan Markle's father revealed that he will continue to accept money for appearances because he believes she and Prince Harry "owe" him.

Time - Daddy - Thomas - Channel - Documentary

"It's time to look after daddy," Thomas said in the new Channel 5 documentary "Thomas Markle: My Story," which aired on Wednesday night.

And Thomas, who was paid for his participation in the documentary, said he plans to continue making money by speaking to the press.

Things - Point

"I'm going to defend myself, and I'm going to be paid for it," he added. "I'm not going to refuse being paid for it. I'll do future things and be paid for it. I don't care. At this point, they owe me.

"The royals owe me. Harry owes me. Meghan owes me. What I've been through, I should be rewarded for. My daughter told me that, when I reach my senior years, she'll take care of me. I'm in my senior years now, I'm 75 years old, so it's time to look after daddy."

Documentary - Thomas - Length

Throughout the one-hour documentary, Thomas spoke at length about how he had financially provided for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!