Philly Flyers' mascot Gritty 'punched 13-year-old fan as hard as he could during a photo shoot '

Mail Online | 11/19/2019 | Valerie Edwards For Dailymail.com;Reuters
rach-rachrach-rach (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/22/23/23749876-0-image-a-26_1579735711635.jpg

Gritty, the Philadelphia Flyers' fuzzy, orange mascot, is under investigation for an alleged physical assault of a 13-year-old boy during a photo shoot at the team's stadium back in November.

Chris Greenwell, the boy's father and a longtime season ticket holder, wrote in a Facebook post Wednesday that his son, Brandon, was 'punched and injured' by Gritty, and that the organization 'tried to bribe me not to speak about it'.

Greenwell - Detail - Interview - Philadelphia - Inquirer

Greenwell gave more detail in an interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer, describing the November 19 incident, which happened at Wells Fargo Center during an event for season ticket holders.

He said that after the photo was taken, his son patted Gritty on the head and then walked away.

Mascot - Start - Son - Greenwell - Inquirer

The mascot got up, 'took a running start' and 'punched my son as hard as he could,' Greenwell told the Inquirer.

Greenwell told the Inquirer that the company that owns the Flyers, Comcast Spectacor, said it looked into the incident but did not have video footage and did not find evidence of any such interaction after interviewing Gritty, 'Gritty's handler' and others.

Mr - Greenwell - Allegations - Investigation - Nothing

'We took Mr Greenwell's allegations seriously and conducted a thorough investigation that found nothing to support this claim,' the Flyers said in a statement.

Greenwell, who said he won't renew...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!