Moment Thomas Markle knew daughter Meghan Markle would be a star

Mail Online | 1/23/2020 | Mark Duell for MailOnline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/23/09/23765572-0-image-a-66_1579772585114.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/01/22/7822482357815655041/1024x576_MP4_7822482357815655041.mp4

The Duchess of Sussex's estranged father has revealed how he knew his daughter would be an actress after seeing her perform as a teenager in high school plays.

Thomas Markle, 75, said he felt 'tremendous pride' watching Meghan act on stage at the private Catholic all-girls Immaculate Heart High School in Los Angeles.

Video - Channel - Documentary - Night - Meghan

And a video was revealed in a Channel 5 documentary last night of one of Meghan's star performances aged 15 as Little Red Riding Hood in the play Into the Woods.

The clip filmed in March 1997 showed Prince Harry's future wife confidently walking around the stage and delivering her lines with gusto.

Former - TV - Director - Mr - Markle

Former TV lighting director Mr Markle also told a Channel 5 documentary last night how he helped build some scenery and rig the lights for plays at the school.

He said: 'I think I gave her a sense of pride, I think I gave her a sense of duty and work, I think Meghan would say that I did a very good job as a father.

'She - Lady - School - Plays - Couple

'She was growing into a very nice young lady. I got involved (in school plays) because I watched a couple of their shows and I knew they needed a lot of work.

'I just offered to come in and put some lights in, build some scenery and make the shows real shows. Meghan was in almost all those shows.'

Mr - Markle - 'When - Daughter - Stage

Mr Markle added: 'When I saw my daughter performing on stage, I felt tremendous pride. I knew from the day she was born that she would eventually be doing that.

'It wasn't a surprise or a shock to me. It was just something I knew was going to happen.'

Meghan - Drama - Teacher - Gigi - Perreau

Meghan's drama teacher was Gigi Perreau, who met Mr Markle on camera for the documentary for the first time in about 20 years.

Mr Markle said: 'I met Gigi through...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!