Tulsi Gabbard says she wants to hold Hillary Clinton 'accountable' with $100 million lawsuit

Mail Online | 1/22/2020 | Emily Goodin, Senior U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
cyanbytecyanbyte (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/23/01/23753710-0-image-a-50_1579742769651.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/10/21/4017309636928386468/1024x576_MP4_4017309636928386468.mp4

Tulsi Gabbard said she is suing Hillary Clinton for at least $100 million in damages to hold the former secretary of state accountable after she indicated she thinks the Hawaii congresswoman is a Russian plant in the 2020 presidential race.

‘I will not stand quietly by as Hillary Clinton or anyone else tries to smear my character and my loyalty and dedication to serving our country. And I've filed a lawsuit against her for that defamation to hold her accountable,' Gabbard told voters during a town hall meeting in New Hampshire Wednesday night. She received a round of applause at her remarks.

Gabbard - Lawsuit - Congresswoman - Loyalty - America

Gabbard's lawsuit argues the congresswoman has proven her loyalty to America through her military service in the Army National Guard, charges Clinton with hurting Gabbard's presidential bid, and outlines Gabbard's belief Clinton made the comments in retaliation for Gabbard endorsing Bernie Sanders in the 2016 Democratic primary.

'In February 2016, Tulsi believed the best Democratic presidential candidate for our country was Senator Bernie Sanders. She also knew that Clinton had a stranglehold over the Democratic party and that crossing Clinton (who considered herself the “inevitable nominee”) could mean the end of her own political career. Yet Tulsi put the country before herself, and she publicly endorsed Senator Sanders, becoming the most prominent politician to do so at the time,' the complaint reads.

Cutthroat - Politician - Account - Slight - October

'Clinton - a cutthroat politician by any account - has never forgotten this perceived slight. And in October 2019, she sought retribution by lying, publicly and loudly, about Tulsi Gabbard,' it adds.

Gabbard is suing the former secretary of state for monetary damage and for legal fees - a total of at least $100 million.

Suit - Gabbard - Damages

The suit notes Gabbard has lost more than $50 million in damages.

'The Defamatory Statements have caused Tulsi to lose potential donors and potential voters who...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!