Galaxy Flip: Why I'm excited to see the Galaxy Fold's smaller sibling

CNET | 1/22/2020 | Staff
urbanagirl3urbanagirl3 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/PtowABbFYD-Fg3-bUSHb86NYbHE=/756x567/2020/01/16/37df51d3-da4c-44a8-9bbf-1725fa6f1d66/galaxy-z-flip-render-3.jpg

The Galaxy Z Flip could be announced on Feb. 11.

With the tablet-like Galaxy Fold, Samsung's embraced the saying, "Go big or go home." But its second foldable phone -- rumored to be called the Galaxy Z Flip -- is almost guaranteed to be cheaper, smaller, vertically bending and outfitted with half the cameras. I couldn't be more excited.

Something - Phones - Sensation - Years - Phones

There's something about foldable phones that still feels magical to me, a sensation that's hard to come by after nearly 14 years working with phones. I thought I'd seen it all: phones that flip up, kick out, flex, even phones shaped like a circle. But a screen that's both thin and strong enough to bend in half without breaking feels like the future come to life.

Where the Galaxy Fold was a luxury device designed to make a splash as the first major foldable phone, the Z Flip (internal code name: Galaxy Bloom) will take on the Motorola Razr as a more affordable phone that highlights not the luxury, but the practicality of a foldable phone. It's likely Samsung will unveil the Galaxy Z Flip at it Unpacked event on Feb. 11.

Samsung - Z - Flip - Company - Lead

For Samsung, the Z Flip will give the company a dramatic lead in the foldable space, with a large premium device (the Galaxy Fold) followed by a simpler phone with a smaller screen. That's two pathways for Samsung to secure interest from early adopters. For the rest of us, there are several practical reasons to train our eyes on the Galaxy Z Flip, or whatever it winds up being called, that go way beyond the novelty of a foldable phone.

An artistic render of how the Galaxy Z Flip could look.

Phone - Glass - Screen

The first foldable phone with a glass screen?

One rumor suggests that the Galaxy Z Flip will be the first foldable design to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.
Tagged: