Google’s Collections feature now pushes people to save recipes & products, using A.I.

TechCrunch | 1/22/2020 | Staff
finterfinter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Screen-Shot-2020-01-22-at-4.09.14-PM.png?w=416

Google is giving an A.I. upgrade to its Collections feature — basically Google’s own take on Pinterest, but built into Google Search. Originally a name given to organizing images, the Collections feature that launched in 2018 let you save any type of search result — images, bookmarks, or maps locations — into groups called “Collections” for later perusal. Starting today, Google will make suggestions about items you can add to Collections based on your Search history across specific activities like cooking, shopping or hobbies.

The idea here is that people often use Google for research but don’t remember to save web pages for easy retrieval. That leads to users to dig through their Google Search History in an effort to find the lost page. Google believes that A.I. smarts can improve the process, by helping users to build reference collections by starting the process for them.

Pages - Google - Search - Google - App

Here’s how it works. After you’ve visited pages on Google Search in the Google app or on the mobile web, Google will group together similar pages related to things like cooking, shopping, and hobbies then prompt you to save them to suggested Collections.

For example, after an evening of scouring the web for recipes, Google may share a suggested Collection with you titled “Dinner Party” which is auto-populated with relevant pages from your Search history. You can uncheck any recipes that don’t belong and rename the collection from “Dinner Party” to something else of your choosing, if you want. You then tap the “Create” button to turn this selection from your Search history into a Collection.

Collections - Collections - Tab - Google - App

These Collections can be found later in the Collections tab in the Google app or through the Google.com side menu on the mobile web. There is an option to turn off this feature in Settings, but it’s enabled by default.

The Pinterest-like feature...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TechCrunch
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!