Sonos customers slam audio firm's 'irresponsible' decision to axe support for older speakers

Mail Online | 1/22/2020 | Ian Randall For Mailonline
amyc9948amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/22/13/wire-23724840-1579699025-49_636x382.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/12/01/8284156332842896085/1024x576_MP4_8284156332842896085.mp4

Sonos customers are slamming the US-based audio firm's 'irresponsible' decision to axe support for their older speakers — calling it a 'total disgrace.'

The audio manufacturer had announced that it would stop sending software updates to a number of its products from May, which has angered some customers.

Zone - Player - Connect - Connect - Amp

Its original Zone Player, Connect and Connect:Amp — all of which were launched in 2006 and include versions sold up until 2015 — will be affected by the move.

The first-generation Play:5 and CR200 — both released in 2009 — as well as 2007’s Bridge will also no longer receive software updates or new features.

Statement - Sonos - Decision - Devices - Limits

In a statement, Sonos said that it made the decision because older devices had been 'stretched to their technical limits in terms of memory and processing power.'

'Ideally all our products would last forever, but for now we’re limited by the existing technology,' they added.

Reaction - Company - Customers - Lot - Disappointment

The reaction from the US-based company's customers, however, has included a lot of disappointment.

'I feel let down by a company I have invested a lot of money in,' Birmingham-based Paul Beebe — who bought a Play:5 speaker for £400 less than three years ago — told the PA news agency.

'It - System - Manufacturers - Terms - Amongst

'It will certainly make me think twice before extending my system, especially as now many other manufacturers have caught up in terms of grouping audio amongst a group of speakers, which was something quite unique to Sonos.'

Mr Beebe, who has several other speakers of mixed ages, that said he had been thinking about adding a speaker to his bathroom — but would now 'reconsider' following Sonos' announcement.

'I

'I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!