Mother of activist Heather Heyer says proposed gun restrictions are too 'extreme'

Mail Online | 1/20/2020 | Snejana Farberov For Dailymail.com
urbanagirl3urbanagirl3 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/20/18/23647020-0-image-a-54_1579546170759.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/01/20/4870248478717688725/1024x576_MP4_4870248478717688725.mp4

The mother of slain activist Heather Heyer who was killed during a white supremacist rally in Charlottesvile in 2017 has weighed in on the gun control debate roiling Virginia this week, saying that as a long-time gun owner she believes some of the restrictions proposed by state Democrats are too extreme.

Susan Bro, president and chairman of the Heather Heyer Foundation, which she co-founded in the wake of her daughter's violent death during the Unite the Right march three year ago, spoke out as thousands of gun-rights activists - many toting firearms - rallied at the Virginia Capitol on Monday, protesting plans by the state’s Democratic leadership to pass sweeping gun-control legislation.

Virginia - Democrats - Assault - Weapons - Bills

Virginia Democrats are backing an assault weapons ban, along with bills limiting handgun purchases to once a month, implementing universal background checks on gun purchases, allowing localities to ban guns in public buildings, parks and other areas, and a 'red flag' bill that would allow authorities to temporarily take guns away from anyone deemed to be dangerous to themselves or others.

'I grew up with guns,' Bro told CNN, as USA Today reported. 'I believe in common sense gun measures, but not extreme measures.'

Bro - Gun - Restrictions - Consideration - Bit

Bro noted that while she believes some of the gun restrictions under consideration are 'a bit extreme,' other parts of the legislation are sound.

On the eve of Monday's pro-gun rally in the Virginia state capital, Bro urged anyone planning to resort to violence to 'stay the **** away from Richmond,' as she told The Independent.

Protesters

She also cautioned peaceful protesters seeking to come out and have their...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.