Iran's only female Olympic medallist moving to Germany

Mail Online | 1/20/2020 | Reuters;Emily Webber For Mailonline
itsdonaldkitsdonaldk (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/20/18/23646052-0-image-a-23_1579543779703.jpg

Iran's only female Olympic medallist has revealed she is moving to Germany because she has had enough of being used as a propaganda 'tool' by her home country.

Kimia Alizadeh, 21, from Karaj, has been training in the southern Dutch city of Eindhoven, after leaving Iran several weeks earlier.

Alizadeh - Career - Germany - Hamburg - Offers

Alizadeh wished to continue her career in Germany and has since moved to Hamburg after having also received offers to compete for the Netherlands, Canada, Belgium and Bulgaria, according to German newspaper Bild.

The Taekwondo athlete, wrote on Instagram this month that she was prepared to accept the 'hardship of homesickness' because she 'didn't want to be part of hypocrisy, lies, injustice and flattery'.

Alizadeh - Bronze - Rio - Olympics - 'I

Alizadeh, who won bronze at the Rio 2016 Olympics, said: 'I wore whatever they told me and repeated whatever they ordered.

'Every sentence they ordered I repeated,' she wrote. 'None of us matter for them, we...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!