Woman shares video of her being punched by ex-partner whose violent rages 'caused her to miscarry'

Mail Online | 1/20/2020 | Corazon Miller For Mailonline
amyc9948amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/20/14/23637306-0-image-a-49_1579530206301.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/01/20/1939263436337203335/1024x576_MP4_1939263436337203335.mp4

A brave New Jersey woman has shared harrowing footage of her being repeatedly punched by her violent ex-boyfriend.

Lizalee Zayas is seen being violently pushed against a wall, as the attacker, her ex-partner, grabs her hair and repeatedly hits her.

Knees - Hands - Face - Effort - Harm

The 24-year-old can be seen falling to her knees, and drawing her hands to her face in an effort to protect herself from harm.

The onslaught only ends when people hear a commotion and run out of their apartments.

Ms - Zayas - Incident - Series - Attacks

But Ms Zayas said while this incident ended there, it was only one of a series of attacks she endured in the subsequent months - one of which resulted in a brain bleed, and the other a miscarriage after being punched in the stomach.

'It's hard to watch now,' Ms Zayas said after watching the footage of the May 2018 attack for the first time.

Time - Bruising - Things - Things - Head

'[That] time I was lucky - I was left with only severe bruising. Yet things got steadily worse, when I tried to break things off, he smashed my head against a car door.

But as traumatic as the video is, the 24-year-old said she wanted others to see it, and encourage other victims to come forward before things got too bad.

Months - Courage - Ex-partner - Abuse - Assault

She said it took her months to build up the courage to report her ex-partner's abuse to police. But after she did, he was charged with third-degree aggravated assault, to which he pleaded guilty on January 27.

'But I feel much stronger now and I'm empowered to tell my story to help other victims.'

Ms - Zayas - Story - Ex - Facebook

Ms Zayas' story began when she met her ex through Facebook in May 2018. He began chatting to her and their relationship quickly evolved from there.

'At first he was everything I'd even want in a relationship,' she said. 'he was cute, super sweet,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!