Mom, Can I Have Tik Tok?

ChurchLeaders | 1/20/2020 | Staff
nallynally (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/1.20.HOME_.CC.CanHaveTikTok.jpg

Lip sync to your favorite song, show off your dance moves or post a funny video of your cat. Tik Tok is like Vine 2.0. The videos are just 15 seconds long, but like Britney, they’re not that innocent.

If your kid has a device, then chances are they have, want, or at least know about Tik Tok, because it’s the hottest thing since SnapChat and Insta…in fact it’s currently the most downloaded app on the planet and considered one of the most valuable startups in the world. If you’re a kid on a middle school or high school campus, it’s the app to have. After all, their favorite musician, actor, and athlete are all on it, their best friend has it…it’s slowly becoming THE hangout spot for young people with screens.

Parents - App - Time - App - Look

Parents ask me about the app all the time, and I had honestly only tried out the app once or twice, so I decided to dive in and take a closer look. So before doing any research I just opened the app and began browsing. After only a few minutes on the app, I understood why Common Sense Media rated the app for ages 16 and up.

The first video I saw was a teen girl in revealing clothing dancing to a current song with explicit lyrics. So I scrolled down. That’s the thing about Tik Tok. If the 15-second video doesn’t hold your attention you can just scroll onto the next video. So I did. And here’s what I found.

Jump - Peek - Laugh - Sketches - Eyes

Jump on and take a peek for yourself. You’ll probably laugh at some of the funny original sketches, roll your eyes at others, and about every three or four sketches you’ll be reaching for the volume nob to turn off explicit language, lyrics or inappropriate humor.

Wired Magazine calls the app a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
He is faithful!
Tagged: