Mother of girl born with purple birthmarks hid her from strangers for SIX weeks after she was born

Mail Online | 1/20/2020 | Harry Howard For Mailonline
srqlolosrqlolo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/20/09/23627086-0-image-a-2_1579514264079.jpg

The mother of a girl with purple birth marks has revealed she hid her daughter from strangers for six weeks after she was born.

Sara Farrow, 27, was scared of people seeing Lacey-Dee Barrett in public because of the birthmarks covering most of her body.

Cruel - Strangers - Birth - Marks - Blood

Cruel strangers said the birth marks, caused by blood vessels that did not develop properly in the womb, make the nine-month-old look 'diseased'.

Scared other people would think she was a bad parent and she was to blame for her daughter's port wine stains, Ms Farrow covered her daughter's bright-coloured skin for the first six weeks of her life.

Photos - Lacey-Dee - Instagram - Ms - Farrow

And when she posted photos of Lacey-Dee on Instagram, Ms Farrow, from Lincoln, said she used filters to mask the true colour of her daughter's skin.

She said only changed her ways when she became worried Lacey-Dee would later look back on her baby photos and ask her mother if she was embarrassed about her.

Photos - Ms - Farrow - Strangers - Daughter

But even when she posted photos showing how Lacey-Dee really looked, Ms Farrow claimed strangers told her that her daughter looked 'diseased' and 'contagious'.

Ms Farrow said: 'Until she was six weeks old I covered her up whenever we went out in public.

Appearance - People

'As her mum obviously I am not bothered about her appearance but I was scared about what other people would think.

'When she was first born she was very red and looked bruised. I've had people say lots of things when we are out.

'I - People - Mum - People - Face

'I was scared of what people would think of me as a mum. People have said she looks diseased and have asked what's wrong with her face.

'One person asked "is she allergic to the washing powder I use" and people think there is something really wrong with her.'

Ms - Farrow - Daughter

Ms Farrow added her daughter was 'completely unique' and 'just how she is' and that it...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!