Joaquin Phoenix thanks 'favorite actor' Heath Ledger after winning AGAIN for Joker at SAG Awards 

Mail Online | 1/20/2020 | Glenn Garner For Dailymail.com
finterfinter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/20/05/23620084-0-image-a-16_1579498514435.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/10/25/6661673636464248718/1024x576_MP4_6661673636464248718.mp4

With several major awards already under his belt, Joaquin Phoenix seems all but set to take home his first Academy Award for his performance in Joker.

He added another trophy to his collection during Sunday's Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.

Phoenix - Acceptance - Speech - Joker - Heath

During Phoenix's acceptance speech he thanked another iconic Joker, calling the late Heath Ledger his 'favorite actor.'

The actor has already won a Golden Globe and a Critics' Choice Award for the role, most recently nabbing an Oscar nomination.

Gratitude - Cast - Crew - Speech - 'I

After sending his gratitude to the cast and crew, the 45-year-old closed out his speech saying: 'I'm standing here on the shoulders of my favorite actor, Heath Ledger, so thank you and goodnight.'

Ledger portrayed the comic book villain in the 2008 movie The Dark Knight, shortly before dying of an accidental overdose at 28-years-old.

Phoenix - Acceptance - Speech - Praises - Nominees

Phoenix also used his acceptance speech to sing the praises of his fellow nominees, including Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio, Adam Driver and Taron Egerton.

Speaking on stage, he admitted he felt 'honored' to be a part of the acting community: 'I'd like to talk a little bit about my fellow nominees.

Days - Joaquin

Recounting his early days, Joaquin...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!