Renée Zellweger Gives Her Jerry Maguire Costar Tom Cruise a Sweet Shoutout During SAG Win

PEOPLE.com | 1/19/2020 | Staff
NightyNighty (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://imagesvc.meredithcorp.io/v3/mm/image?url=https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/gettyimages-1200631504.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2400px,1260px&resize=1200,630

Current Time

Duration

FLORENCE - PUGH - PREDICTS - REACTION - TO

FLORENCE PUGH PREDICTS REACTION TO OSCAR NOM: 'I'LL PROBABLY NEED TO CRADLE MYSELF FOR A WHILE'

Somewhere over the rainbow… Renée Zellweger won a SAG Award!

Sunday - SAG - Awards - Texas - Native

At Sunday’s 2020 SAG Awards, the Texas native, 50, took home the statue for outstanding performance by a female actor in a leading role in a motion picture for Judy.

“Hello my family,” she began her acceptance speech. “What an honor. From my actor family. Thank you so much for this. Thank you for inviting me here, alongside my extra sisters whose work touches me so deeply. I celebrate y’all when you come out with anything with a popcorn breakfast at the theater, and it’s my great honor to be here tonight alongside y’all. I’m just so grateful for the privilege of reflecting on the life of one of our own and most beloved. I have to thank my fellow actors.”

Shoutouts - Actors - Life - Years - Jerry

She also gave a few special shoutouts to actors who have impacted her life over the years, including her Jerry Maguire costar Tom Cruise.

“Tom Cruise, for your example of professionalism on set and striving for excellence and generosity and unconditional kindness,” she said of the actor.

Zellweger - Cruise - Love - Interest - Film

Zellweger played Cruise’s love interest in the 1996 film, which included the famous line, “You had me at hello.”

She concluded her speech by once again thanking her fellow actors and dedicating the award to Judy Garland, whom she portrayed in the film.

Judy - Garland - Years - Community

“Judy Garland, 50 years later, your community is thinking of you tonight,” she said. “This is for you.”

Zellweger beat out Cynthia Erivo (Harriet), Scarlett Johansson...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When will they ever learn?