Bernie Sanders Said "Everybody Brings Some Negatives" When Asked If Gender Is An Obstacle For Women Running For Office

BuzzFeed News | 1/19/2020 | Staff
ZorraZorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2020-01/19/19/asset/5e51acd2e013/sub-buzz-4857-1579462882-3.jpg?crop=3000:1571;0,136

CONCORD, New Hampshire — Bernie Sanders said at a forum in New Hampshire that women still face obstacles when they run for office, describing being a woman as a potential “problem” and noting that anyone who runs for office “brings some negatives” when it comes to appealing to the American electorate.

The language instantly re-opened a conflict between supporters of Elizabeth Warren and Sanders over questions about electability, gender, and a private conversation between the two senators where they discussed whether a woman can win in 2020.

Everybody - Sets - Problems - Sanders - Forum

“Everybody has their own sets of problems,” Sanders said during a forum sponsored by New Hampshire NPR, when asked if he thinks gender is an “obstacle” for women running for office. “I’m 78 years of age, that’s a problem. There are a lot of people who say, ‘well, I like Bernie, he’s a nice guy, but he’s 78 years of age.’ So we have to argue: please look at the totality of who I am.

“If you’re looking at [Pete] Buttigieg, he’s a young guy and people have said, ‘well, he’s too young to be president.’ And you look at this one and she’s a woman,” Sanders said while answering the question. “Everybody brings some negatives, if you like. I would just hope very much that the American people look at the totality of a candidate. Not at their gender, not at their sexuality, not at their age, but at everything. Nobody is perfect. There ain’t no perfect candidate out there.”

Sanders - Comments - Days - Press - Questions

Sanders’ comments came after days of press questions about what he told Warren during a private meeting in December 2018. Warren said last week that Sanders told her in the meeting that he did not believe a woman could win the presidency in 2020, which Sanders has vehemently denied saying. After last week’s debate, in which...
(Excerpt) Read more at: BuzzFeed News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??